Camp Yeomalt is located on Park Avenue just east of the Yeomalt Point road.The park totals 2.8 acres and was acquired by the Park District in 1987 from the Boy Scouts of America.
First developed by the Works Progress Administration in 1935, the camp originally consisted of a large log lodge that was recently restored (see below). The Park District added Camp Yeomalt Classroom, a multi-purpose building with kitchen and restroom. The property has a very nice woodland area with trail. Both the Classroom and the Cabin are available for rental.
This video “Saving the Yeomalt Cabin: An Historic Restoration,” highlights Dave Ullin’s work on the restoration. The Park District would like to honor Dave, who recently passed away, for the work he did on this historic community project.