If there is one required activity of Seattle tourists, it is a trip across the open waters of Puget Sound. The memories of a Bainbridge Island ferry ride in the Pacific Northwest last a lifetime, which is why the Washington State Ferries are the most popular tourist attraction in the state. The trip from Seattle to Bainbridge Island via ferry boat (locals refer to it merely as “the boat”) is 35 minutes.
Bainbridge Island Ferry Reservations and Cost
You don’t need to (nor can you) make a reservation to board the Bainbridge Island ferry on foot or with your car in Seattle; it’s first-come, first-served. While there is a fee from Seattle to Bainbridge Island for both walk-on passengers and automobiles, the route from Bainbridge Island to Seattle only charges for automobiles (walk-on passengers are free).
Bainbridge Island to Seattle Ferry Schedule
Alerts for the Bainbridge Island Ferry Route
- [Last Updated 4/17/2014 - 7:46 PM] Fare increases and Peak Season Surcharge take effect May 1. See bulletin for details.
- [Last Updated 4/17/2014 - 7:46 PM] Sea/Brem/BI – Potential Measles Exposure on April 4, see bulletin page for the details
- [Last Updated 4/17/2014 - 7:46 PM] Traffic revisions at the Seattle Ferry Terminal – See bulletin page for the details.
- [Last Updated 4/17/2014 - 7:46 PM] Sea/BI Update – Bainbridge terminal construction begins Feb 10. Expect detours. See Bulletins Page.
Camera Shots of the Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal and Seattle Ferry Terminal
|Bainbridge Island Ferry Route Holding Area||Ferry Holding at WSF Terminal in Seattle
|Current WSF Time: 08:38 PM|
The Bainbridge Island ferry leaves Bainbridge Island and docks at Colman Dock, Pier 52, Seattle. The street address for this dock is 801 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA. Here are Google Map directions from 801 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA to the SeaTac airport.
There are four ways to get from SeaTac airport to Colman Dock; three if you don’t have a friend that will pick you up and drive you:
- DJ’s Towncar Service Service – (206) 439-1013 (highly recommended, similarly priced to taxi)
- Seattle Taxi
- SoundTransit Central Link Light Rail from SeaTac to Pioneer Square, Then Walk to Colman Dock (hopefully with only luggage you can carry or roll easily)